We are hiring – Head of Private Client
Share this Post
Berlad Graham LLP is a modern boutique law firm seeking a Head of Private Client to join our dynamic, collaborative and expanding team.
The firm was established in 2011 and provides a full service with specialism in Property, Dispute Resolution, Private Client, Company Commercial, Family and Immigration. Our consultancy model and ABS model allows our solicitors to work flexibly nationwide and internationally, with fee earners based in Spain and Dubai. In 2021 the firm has moved towards a hybrid structure offering both consultancy and employed positions. Our team of 23 fee earners allows us to deliver a high quality and personal service to our clients. Our open-plan office in Uxbridge embeds our supportive culture which prioritises the success and wellbeing of our people. We pride ourselves on providing a safe, inclusive and respectful working environment for everyone.
About the role
We are looking for a bright and experienced Private Client solicitor to head our department, who will be based in our Uxbridge office. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Management Board to support the growth of the firm and deliver the department’s strategic goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of the department including monitoring and distribution of matters.
- Supervision of fee-earning work undertaken by junior members of the team.
- Management of support services for the team.
- Ensuring fee earners achieve their individual targets.
- Maintaining orderly and up-to-date files including electronic files and complying with the company’s file management policy.
- Completing time records and other management records required by the company.
- Cross-referring work and clients within the company.
- Ensuring compliance with the company policies including Lexcel compliance.
- Financial control including managing the cash flow for the team through efficient billing and payment procedures.
- Recognising fee-earning opportunities and developing those opportunities.
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firms quality and risk procedures.
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in your own area of work.
- Building the business and leading the Department’s marketing.
The ideal candidate must have:
- At least five years PQE.
- STEP accreditation (preferred).
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the legal market in order to support business development decisions in line with the requirements of the firm.
- A strong work ethic and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with our Uxbridge team.
- Strong leadership capabilities to supervise fee-earners within the team.
- Extensive experience within Private Client and ability to build your own workload independently.
What we offer you
- A competitive remuneration package tailored to you.
- Joining a friendly team which values an open and flexible working environment and staff wellbeing.
- Playing a vital and rewarding role in the firm with the possibility of financial rewards aligned to performance.
- Career development.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or an informal chat, call us on 0330 175 5655.