Visa Applications

There are many reasons why people want to enter the UK. Some want to work, study, or do business, others want to visit relatives or access private medical treatment, and some may even need to seek refuge and live in the UK permanently. Whatever the reason behind your visit, you should always research whether or not you require a visa.

There are many different types of visa available, and the right one for you will depend on why you want to enter the UK and how long you plan to stay. Many UK visas can also be used as a route to Indefinite Leave to Remain, a step in the journey to British citizenship.

If you are looking for advice and guidance on visa applications and want to discuss your next steps, please call Berlad Graham LLP today on 0330 175 5655. 

Immigration And Visa Application Lawyers

All overseas nationals must apply for a visa to enter the UK if they intend to stay more than 90 days. Non-EEA nationals must also apply for a visitor visa if their stay is less than 90 days, while citizens from EEA countries can enter the country for up to 90 days without needing a visa.

UK visa categories include:

  • Business visas
  • Family visas
  • Settlement visas
  • Study visas
  • Transit visas
  • Visitor visas

The UK immigration system has always been complex. Since the most recent update to the points-based system in 2020 and free movement ending between the UK and EU, the complexity has only expanded. The UK’s new points-based system requires you to score a certain number of points for each visa to be eligible, and you will need to prove that you can do this.

The immigration lawyers at Berlad Graham LLP are specialists in all aspects of the visa application process and will guide you through precisely what is required. We understand the importance of ensuring your visa application is successful and will compile the most robust case on your behalf.

If you want to start a new visa application or have had one refused and want to discuss your next steps, please call Berlad Graham LLP today on 0330 175 5655.

Contact Berlad Graham for Visa Application Legal Advice 

Our dedicated team of lawyers can assist with all types of visa applications and are experienced in dealing with Home Office requirements. Sometimes individuals have several immigration routes available to them, and we can advise on the best option available and help secure the visa you need.

The Skilled Worker visa is the most common UK work visa for overseas nationals. Previously known as the Tier 2 Visa, it allows international workers to take up employment in the UK for up to 5 years, with a further extension possible.

Family Immigration: Spouse Visa

If you are a UK citizen or settled person, you can bring your spouse or partner, fiancé or proposed civil partner to live with you in the UK. They must apply for a UK family visa and fulfil several criteria. For example, you and your partner will need to be able to prove all the following:

  • You are in a marriage or partnership that is officially recognised in the UK, or you have been living together in a genuine relationship for at least two years before the date of your application.
  • Your spouse or partner has a good knowledge of English.
  • You and your spouse or partner can financially support yourselves and any dependents while you are in the UK.
  • You and your spouse will have sufficient accommodation in the UK.
  • You and your spouse or partner must obtain documentary proof of the above.

Spouse Visa Legal Help

A spouse visa enables you to stay in the UK for two years and nine months, at which time you can then apply to extend your visa for another two years and six months. After five years of continuous residence as a Spouse visa holder, you can apply to settle in the UK permanently.

A visa application can be a long and arduous process, and a decision can often take months. If you have a query about an existing visa application or want to talk to our lawyers about the process involved, please call one of our team on 0330 175 5655.

Leave To Remain Visa

For overseas nationals that want to make the UK their permanent home, being granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is a vital step in the process. ILR is a form of permanent settlement that allows you to live and work in the UK without being subject to any time restrictions. Having ILR status is also a necessary step in the journey towards British citizenship if you plan to use the naturalisation route.

There are strict requirements that you will need to prove you can meet for ILR, and the application can be particularly demanding. To be eligible, you will need to have lived in the UK under a relevant visa or route for a certain period, as well as:

  • Passing the Life in the UK Test.
  • Meeting the English language requirement.
  • Not having broken any immigration laws.
  • Not having spent more than 180 days outside the UK in a 12-month period.

ILR applications are one of the most common applications that our lawyers assist with. At Berlad Graham, many of our solicitors specialise in the UK settlement area of immigration law. We represent individuals from around the globe from our offices in West London, and you can be assured that we deal with every single application with the utmost care and professionalism.

Extension Of Visa

Each visa has its own eligibility criteria and validity period. To avoid breaching immigration rules, individuals subject to immigration control should always ensure that they have made adequate arrangements to leave the UK before their visa expires. Should you wish to remain longer in the UK, you will need to seek an extension of any existing visa to ensure that you remain legal and compliant with the terms of your visa.

This is a remarkably complex area of law, as the application process varies depending on your circumstances and the reason why you are requesting an extension.

Extension applications also attract sizeable Home Office application processing fees, so the applications must be made correctly the first time around.

At Berlad Graham LLP, we are experienced in dealing with applications for visa extensions and understand precisely what is required for a successful application.

Visa Applications Solicitors Uxbridge

To speak to our friendly, experienced, professional visa applications lawyers in Uxbridge today, please call 0330 175 5655 or email