A court case for or against you can be both upsetting and stressful. Having the right team advising you can mean the difference between winning and losing. Litigation is not just about the application of the law or previous case law to support your case but taking a strategic view of ‘how to conduct’ your case; something our expert litigation team always applies in every case. We act both for defendants and claimants in disputes in the following areas of law:
- Landlord and Tenant
Service charges and insurance disputes, possession claims, leasehold valuation tribunal (including the determination of rates), recovery of rent, disrepair claims, dealing with notices.
- Property and Land
Neighbours’ disputes, party wall arguments, trespass, ownership disputes, forcing a sale, land borders disputes, charging orders.
- Contractual Disputes
Enforcing a contract and claiming damages.
- Insurance Disputes
Dealing with insurance claims for both insurer and insured.
- Commercial Litigation
Disputes with or between companies.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
Protection of rights.
- Construction Disputes
Arising from building projects.
- Negligence and other Tortious Disputes
Claims relating to professional and general negligence, nuisance, occupiers liability, personal injury, defamation, vicarious liability, economic tort.
- Banking, Finance and Securities
Disputes arising from banking, finance and securities, including personal guarantees.
- Inheritance and Probate Disputes
Claims arising from the interpretation of a Will and in the process of Administration of an Estate.
- Debt recovery
Disputes arising either as a Creditor or a Debtor.
Dealing with Statutory Demands, bankruptcy and winding up.
We understand that the best person to have on your side ‘every time’ is an ‘expert’. We offer expert-only legal advice.
This service is offered in two ways.
- For new and existing clients. We have experts who are readily available for advanced and/or last minute instructions from both new and existing clients. Our experts have the upper hand when being instructed internally, in that we have full access to the client’s file and one-to-one discussions with the solicitor dealing with the case. This avoids the sometimes time consuming task of going backwards and forwards between the client, solicitor and Counsel. This can greatly reduce the time spent and any errors in translation, therefore, reducing costs.
- For Solicitors and legal departments. We take instructions from other firms of solicitors or legal departments on an Agency basis for those cases where solicitors may be unable to represent their clients themselves in Court or where they prefer to instruct another solicitor. We understand the need to keep the costs down and to keep clients happy and deliver an exceptional service. If you instruct us as Agents we will then pass the matter to our experts who will represent you at Court.
We understand the need to keep costs down and clients happy.
We appear before Judges in a range of Court hearings throughout London and specialise in Civil Litigation and accept instructions for:
- small claims
- mortgage possessions
- landlord and tenant matters
- enforcement proceedings
- personal injury
- infant approval
- interlocutory applications such as applications to set default judgment aside and applications for summary judgment
- costs management hearings
We can also represent clients at case management conferences and other preliminary hearings.