Job Retention Scheme Update
Share this Post
We have been advised by HMRC that the Job retention scheme shall now be launched on the 20th April 2020 and all claims should be made though the online Government Gateway under PAYE.
In order to claim your employees must be employed as of the 19th March 2020 and were on your PAYE payroll system on or before that date.
On the 20th April 2020 in order to claim you will need to log into your Government Gateway account and provide the following information;
1. Name of the furlough employee(s)
2. National Insurance number of the furlough employee(s)
3. Claim period and claim amount of the furlough employee(s)
4. PAYE/employee number of the furlough employee(s)
- if you have fewer than 100 furloughed staff – you will need to input information directly into the system for each employee
- if you have 100 or more furloughed staff – you will need to upload a file with information for each employee; HMRC will accept the following file types: .xls .xlsx .csv .ods.
5. Bank account details of where the claim should be paid.
Before a claim is successful HMRC may raise enquiries and require evidence that you have notified the employees that they have been furloughed. Therefore, please ensure that you have notified each employee who shall be enrolled onto the scheme that they have been furloughed and have this evidence available for HMRC’s inspection, if required.
Once your claim has been submitted and successful you should expect payment within 6 working days.
If you require any assistance or advise please do not hesitate to contact us.