Previous News


Injured in a work-related accident?

Added by Berlad Graham
May 11, 2022

Share this Post

Personal injury claims require a party to be at fault for causing your injury. In work related accident claims, this is normally your employer. Of course, many employers are genuinely upset when a member of their staff sustains an injury or an illness due to negligence in their duty of care as they have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which to work.

There are various different types of accidents or injury at work and some of the more common types are: slips and falls, manual labour or operating heavy machinery.

If an employer is in breach of their duty of care, and you are injured or contract an illness as a result, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.

Note that any claim must be made within three years of the date of the accident otherwise the claim becomes statute barred meaning- you are out of time and no longer able to claim for compensation.

If you are in the unfortunate position of suffering an accident or illness at work, ensure to:

  • Record any injury in the “accident report” book
  • Check your contract of employment for sick or accident pay
  • Seek professional legal advice.

If you have any further questions in relation to this post, please contact our Personal Injury Consultant Lawyer, Tuyyabah Amjid: T: 0330 175 5655, E: